Rev. Dr. Jenkins is a resident of Yonkers, NY. He married his wife, Jacqueline, 20 years ago on August 22, 1992; this union has produced two boys: Jonathan and Justin.
He is a graduate of SUNY at Farmingdale where he earned an Associate of Science in Business Administration and CUNY at Herbert Lehman College where he earned a BS in Accounting. He has also earned two masters degrees (Master of Divinity and Masters of Ministries in Pastoral Counseling) from Andersonville Theological Seminary. Rev. Dr. Jenkins also earned his PHD (Doctor of Ministries) from New York Theological Seminary, NY in the Pastoral Care. He is an ordained elder licensed by the Church of The United Brethren In Christ, USA.
Dr. Jenkins accepted the Lord Jesus as his Savior at the age of 9. He is now a bi-vocational Church Planter. He currently serves as pastor at Bethel Temple Of Praise where he led four families in planting this church in Yonkers, NY. Over the past 33 years He has served in various capacities in various churches including Sunday School Teacher, Youth Director, Evangelist and a Minister to name a few.
In his secular pursuit he is an Accountant for over 18 years. He currently is a Financial Controller in charge of accounting operations, Budgeting, human resources and financial reporting. He has worked in several industries: Insurance, Cable and Wireless, Manufacturing, Software Development, Consulting, Banking and Lease Financing.
Rev. Jenkins is a teacher, preacher, counselor and songwriter, he has written and produced a CD entitled “I Will Bless The Lord”. Rev. Jenkins organized a group of youths in the northeast Bronx, across denominational lines, to compete annually in music, poetry and drama. He later joined with another group to also host track and field events in the summer.
Rev. Dr. Jenkins serves as a leader of leaders.
- He is currently serving as cluster leader for a group of 5 pastors were he is the liaison between the bishop’s office and the local churches.
- He is a member of his denomination’s Higher Education Leader Team.
- He is a member of the Board of Trustee for Huntington University, a liberal arts Christian University located in Indiana.
- He is the vice-chair for the Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communication Committee for the university.
- He is the senior Pastor of Bethel Temple of Praise Church with responsibility for preaching, teaching and vision casting.
He is currently preparing to publish his first book entitled “Kingdom People Living by Kingdom Principles”.
The impact of Bethel on my life has been tremendous. Here I was, seven years ago, taking on my first pastorate at this new church, Bethel Temple of Praise. The joyous anxieties of what were ahead and the potential that lies within us was a feeling that was unique to each individual. Bethel has taught me a lot, it has transformed my spiritual life, has inspired a desire to master the theological realms of my faith and become more radical in my approach to ministry. If you are looking for church “as usual” then Bethel is not the place but if you are looking to be transformed into a disciple, to be challenged to grow, encouraged to be mature in your gifting and to be released to serve, then Bethel is definitely for you.
Bethel means the House of God, and it is here that we experience the power of prayer. Jesus declared Matthew. 21:13 “… It is written, my house shall be called the house of prayer…” Prayer has been and still is the bedrock of our church. We recognize that one of the main ingredients in Jesus’ ministry was His constant communication with the Father. Therefore, it is our desire that every person develops a healthy prayer life and so we have strategically placed prayer in every aspect of our service and activities.
As I grow spiritually and my gifts are being developed I see the need to allow those who are apart of Bethel to grow and develop also. Our leadership style is one of accountability and authority. All our directors have the authority to develop their area of responsibility to further the goals of the church. They are held accountable to the vision of the church. We seek to develop leaders and release them into ministry therefore each leader is given a set of responsibilities and the authority to act knowing that they will be held accountable as stewards. Healthy families are one of our priorities. Therefore we offer many seminars on marriage, relationship and other family life issues. We believe that when we have strong families we will have stronger churches and stronger churches lead to better communities.
The posterity of any organization especially Churches rest on the strategic development of leaders. Any leader that is not planning to hand over the leadership baton of his or her organization to others is failing in leadership. Here at Bethel we are conscious of the fact that one of our goals is to develop & deploy leaders.
We are determined to hold the mission in focus. We have a strong desire to reach the unsaved through the proclamation of the Gospel and through fellowship in our various Ministries. We would like to make disciples through the teaching of the Word of God and to foster fellowship by strict adherence to the Biblical Doctrines and Ministries.
Come over to Bethel and be Blessed!
Dalton is married to Jacqueline for 19 years, they have two boys, Jonathan and Justin.
Dalton has served the Lord for over 27 years and been a pastor for over 5 years. During these 27 years he has served in various capacities in different churches.
Fleming Memorial United Brethren, Battersea, Jamaica, WI
After he heard a sermon from Rev. Rowe he received the Lord as his Savior and under the pastoral guidance of Rev. Owen Gordon, he was baptized at the age of 9. During those early years of Christian ministry he served as Sunday School teacher, Youth Leader, Youth Choir Member and Usher.
First Church of The United Brethren, Bronx NY
When the First United Brethren Church was planted he was among the first young people in the church. He served as the first youth leader, on the various singing groups, taught the Bible Studies and was the fill in speaker at different times.
City Of Faith Church Of God, Bronx NY
Served in various ministries; Youth Director, Minister, Board Member, Choir and audio/video.
Bethel Temple Of Praise, UB
Dalton serves as senior pastor. He and 4 families planted the church in Yonkers, NY. The church was established in January 25, 2004 in Yonkers, New York, Westchester County.
– Doctor of Ministry (DMin) – 2012 – New York Theological Seminary
– Master in Pastoral Counseling – 10/2007 (Andersonville Theological Seminary)
– Master of Divinity degree – 10/ 2008 (Andersonville Theological Seminary)
– BS degree in Accounting – 1994 (Herbert Lehman College New York State University)
– Associate degree in Business Administration – 1991 – State University of New York at Farmingdale
- Certificate degree program in Biblical Studies – 2004 – City of Faith Bible Institute
- Certificate in General Bible Knowledge – 1992 – United Christian College of Ministry
These are pastors that have influence Pastor Jenkins’ ministry in different ways.
- Rev. Ivan Johnson – grandfather
- Rev. Stanley Mullings – granduncle
- Rev. Author Brown – early days of evangelism
- Rev. Errol Rowe – early days of evangelism
- Rev. Owen Gordon – Pastor – over 15 years of ministry (current)
- Bishop Courton Reid – Pastor – 11 years of ministry
- Rev. Trevor Williams – Pastor – 2 years of ministry
- Rev. Basil Dunkley – Pastor – 2 years of ministry
- Beverly Grayson – Mother
- Lurline Larmond – Mother-in-law
- Frances Gordon – Pastor’s Wife
- Annette Spencer – Church leader
- Tiny Gayle – Prayer Mother
- Written/Produced/Recorded one CD – “I Will Bless The Lord” in 2001
- Serve for 7 years as a Youth Organizer for New York Christian Fellowship linking churches together.
Hobbies and Interest
- Sports (soccer)
- Vacationing with my family
- Multimedia (music, desktop publishing etc.)
- Gardening (summer vegetables)